Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Eggs and Chocolate

Double Food Post! (aka I'm really hungry at work and lunch needs to happen SOON) 


This was a bad day turned good, with food of course. Anyways, if you are in Singapore/have been to Singapore you will know how A.D.D the weather can be. One minute thunderstorms and sunny the next. On one fine Saturday my friends and I decided to finally hop on the Sentosa (resort island in Singapore) train and head to the beach. All was fine until we were merely steps away from the beach when it started pourrrrringggg. So so sad, we ended up retreating to Max Brenner to indulge in some Chocolate. It was so. worth. it. 

Chocolate, banana, marshmallow pizza. Butterscotch Shake. I die.

We went to the Vivo City outlet but they have a couple of other outlets on the island. Please go and eat chocolate :)



After we had shopped and ate our sadness away, we head to the new Hatched at Holland Village. I've heard so many people raveeee about this cute restaurant, all dishes centered around eggs. I was really excited to dig in.

Before I continue about how unsatisfied and dissappoited I was, can I just say that they serve Eggs Benedict with just ONE side of the English Muffin. Seriously? I'm pretty sure they come in a pair. 

Anyways, I ordered the Cowboy (burger with and egg) and my friend got the Smoked Royale (Salmon Eggs Benedict). Lets just say it wasn't horrible but, I definitely did not feel that I got my moneys worth. The portions were tiny and unimpressive. Why was this place on TLC again? As much as I regret my money spent there, I am willing to try it again because I understand that it was a new outlet. Maybe we ordered the wrong things? Must go to the original next time and it better be good. Besides the food, I loved the ambiance and decor. The lights, furniture and overall interior was interesting and calming with dimmed lighting. 

If you've ever been there, let me what you thought! If you haven't, no harm in trying?






Get more info @   

 HATCHED:    http://www.hatched.sg
MAX BRENNER:   http://www.maxbrenner.com/branches.html 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment